home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Monday, August 5, 2013

Mod Mix Monday #113

Flower Mix
Lots of pretty flowers going on in this little desk setting and yet...it's not too sweet.
Do you think? I don't think anyway...
The lines of the desk and the industrial style chair and lamp
keep it from being overly sweet. 
I think that wallpaper is color it yourself too. 
Isn't that fun?

Without further ado....
Here are my favorite things from last week's Mod Mix Monday!
Denise of Bella Dreams showed off her new lamps 
and her little cupboard she recently painted.
I love her chevron cabinet too. 
Gail of Purple Hues and Me made this lovely seashell monogram.
What a great thing to do with a shell collection!
Isn't this fun? Amanda of Mommy is CooCoo made it out of an assortment of fabrics
and lots of hot glue. What a fun thing to have in your backyard.
I know four little weenies that would love to have this.
A whimsical wind chime from Tuula aka Thrifty Rebel.
I'm sure it sounds as pretty as it looks.
Janet of The Gardeners' Cottage found these chinoiserie chairs at a yard sale for only $5 each!
A little new fabric on the seat and they are the perfect addition to her vintage style kitchen.
This is the view off Patty's deck at Old Things New.
Amazing...isn't it? What a way to spend the summer!
Denise...on a whim shared a precious farm porch.
Just look at those aqua chairs mixed with the white farm table and the red and white check!

Good stuff...wasn't it? 

I have been busy working at the store on transition...which means..it's now 
fall at Pier 1.

I was there late putting out Halloween and Harvest pumpkins Sunday night.
Still more to put out this week...too.

On the home front I have no interest in anything fall till the air starts to cool.
I want to enjoy summer as long as possible.

Share your new mixes below.
Remember anything old made over to be new...anything new changed up to look old.
New and old together...
Please include the Mod Mix Monday logo and back link to me.
Use a permalink to your individual post not to your entire blog.

If you link up...I'd appreciate it, if you'd follow me.

27 comments:

An Urban Cottage said...

I love that first photo with the floral wallpaper and industrial furnishings.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Nita,
Thanks so much for hosting each week and for stopping by to visit!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Gail @Purple Hues and Me said...

Thanks so much Nita for featuring my seashell monogram and for hosting a very lovely party!

Ricki Treleaven said...

:D I love wallpaper. I papered one wall in the art studio. I love the floral mixed with the industrial....a perfect mix!

Great features from last week. I need to visit each post!

xo,
RJ

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Great features this week, Nita! Thanks for hosting. Hope your week is grand! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Tuula @ Thrifty Rebel Vintage said...

Thanks so much for featuring my wind chimes! It's such a treat to be included with such great features. That wallpaper is fabulous!! Colour it yourself? I'd love to do that!!

Decor To Adore said...

Oh I just adore that first image! Thank you so very much for hosting.

the gardener's cottage said...

thanks nita! and i want that teepee!

also, pumpkins and halloween already? say it ain't so. it's august!

xo

Unknown said...

Thanks a bunch for featuring the farmhouse back porch today! The other features are so fabulous too! Don't have too much fun with all that fall decor at work! Lol

Unknown said...

Thank you dear Nita for the feature of my back deck. I love ALL the features this week. Blessings, Patti

Cottage and Broome said...

Love any thing with flowers, that desk area is very sweet. Laura

sheri said...

It's all good stuff! How talented everyone is! I really want that wallpaper now. Just like a giant coloring book for grown up kids!!!

Unknown said...

LOVE the floral mix photo Nita!! One could never have enough. Thank you for hosting, have a great week

xo, Tanya

Tarnished Royalty said...

Yes, that was REALLY good stuff! Thank you for hosting! Hugs, Ann @ Tarnished Royalty

Denise @ secondtimearoundfinds said...

Great features. Thanks for hosting Nita.
Denise

Rachel Paxton said...

Thanks for the party, Nita!

Rachel @ Maison de Pax

Unknown said...

Nita, thank you so much for featuring my living room. So many great features from last week. That teepee is too cute. I think the weenies need one! Now I'm off to visit some of the yummy links from this week1

Dewena said...

So talented, each one of them! Those chinoiserie white chairs with red cushions are the perfect touch against that floor. I already have that farm porch in my pins and love it, but that silver goblet wind chime is amazing!

That's a pretty desk area in your first picture.

Now I saw some things in the other entries that I've just got to check out!

Dewena said...

So talented, each one of them! Those chinoiserie white chairs with red cushions are the perfect touch against that floor. I already have that farm porch in my pins and love it, but that silver goblet wind chime is amazing!

That's a pretty desk area in your first picture.

Now I saw some things in the other entries that I've just got to check out!

Cindy said...

Hi Nita, I decided to join you today, looks like you have lots of fabulous entries to wander around!

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

Wow I have to make one of those shell initials!! Abby got home at 3:30 this morning from transition -- crazy! It was her last day, and she said the fall merch is amazing. I'm trying to resist, but did you get your cushion? Hope so! Thanks for hosting :) xoxo

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Great features dear Nita! Thanks for hosting this week. Have a blessed week too.
FABBY

Unknown said...

Hi! I'm new here & following along. Thanks for hosting. Love your features. Hope you'll visit me & follow back Curate | by Carrie Corson :)

Unknown said...

Hi Nita - oh gosh - I don't know why sites with ads run amuck but yours is doing it again. Can't leave your site without shutting down my computer and restarting, as when I try to go back to previous site (my home page) it has over 100 (that's when I stop counting of these-
http://view.atdmt/com/COM/view/4298500. I'm sorry but I don't knowingly click on sites that do that, so I won't be reading yours any more. Phooey. I love it! But this is too annoying. Thought you'd want to know.

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Thanks for hosting again this week. I love your floral inspiration image.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the feature my friend! have a wonderful week.

Amanda
mommyiscoocoo@gmail.com

LivingVintage said...

I personally love the flowered wallpaper. It's so cheerful and not too too much. However, I don't have a bit of wallpaper in my home. Maybe one day ...