home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Pink Roses

In the Pink
Lots of pretty pink roses for a Pink Saturday.
I love pink roses for Valentine's Day.
I'm not into red roses at all.

Thanks to all of you who chimed in on my french door decision.
Your comments helped a lot.
Now, I know that steel is not the way to go and fiberglass should be a good choice.

I just need to order.
I don't think I'll be able to install in the back room right now...so I want to get a door 
that I can match a year or two down the line.

Mom is going home tomorrow.
She has been well enough to go home for a week but just wanted to hang out here.

I'm glad she did.
Now she can come stay with me any time as I have a little spot all set up for her.

I will be able to get back to my projects, which I'm glad of but
I'll miss having her around.

I'm sure she is anxious to get back to her own life, though too.

I've been gathering things for a Valentine's Day display in the dining room.
So as soon as Mom is gone...I'll get to work on that.

I have so many projects that need for me to get busy on...

A huge chalkboard...my potting bench....a french dresser to be painted....an armoire to paint.
And I really want to paint the living room and dining room too.

Lots to do.....always.

I hope you are having a great Saturday!

16 comments:

Bente said...

Beautiful roses. I love pink roses too.

Light and Voices said...

Wow and double wow! I viewed the slide show of pink roses. You certainly have a "Photographer's eye." Impressive blog. I will go sign up to be a friend. Happy Ground Hog's Day!
Joyce M

Kit said...

Glad your Mom is doing better. All your talk of projects gets me excited! As soon as I get home I want to redo my bathroom. :) Kit

Miss Kitty said...

Oooooh! Pink roses...love them! Can't stand red roses either...hope nobody ever brings me any...it would be hard to act excited. Thanks for all the yummy photos.

Annesphamily said...

L O V E the roses! Such a gorgeous post!

Diane said...

I love roses in all colors, but pink ones have always been my favorite. Thanks for sharing these!

Connie said...

God answered our prayers for your mother. So thankful she is doing well.
Every mother wants a daughter like you!

Sweet Auburn Life said...

Beautiful, they remind me of blousy English country gardens!
Looking forward to following all your up and coming projects!!

Sweetauburnlife.blogspot.ie

Cindi Myers said...

Pink is so Pretty.
:)
I also adore Yellow
and of course I LOVE White.
Not a fan of Red Roses.
So glad your mom is doing so well and it's nice to hear that you have a room set up for her.
I'm painting and reading, but can't wait for the weather to warm up so I can go work outside.
So I understand you getting excited to start those projects!
xoxo - Cindi

20 North Ora said...

Beautiful photos of pink roses!! So glad Mom is doing good and able to go home.

Sounds like you have alot of plans.

Judy

Sharon Rexroad's Bringing Creativity 2 Life said...

Yeh for Mom! Yeh for her wonderful daughter! And yeh for pink roses!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Beautiful flowers and a beautiful post!!

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Pale pibk roses aremy fabourite!

Patti Willey said...

{gasp!} I'll be forever pinning these gorgeous pink roses!

The enchanted home said...

LOVE pink roses and this post has me wanting a bouquet, the pale pink are my absolute faves. Hope you have a great and relaxing Sunday!

Katarina said...

Beautiful, Nita! :-)