home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

September Song - Willie Nelson

SEPTEMBER
The first day of September and my opportunity to share one of my most favorite songs of all time.
And oh so appropriate for the first day of September.
This song always makes me cry.
It reminds me of college.
It chimed from the bell tower of "Old North" at my university.
I would walk the campus in fall and feel very romantic listening to this tune. 


September from Willie Nelson's "Stardust"
I've had this collection of standards in every form. I originally had the album.
Then got it on cassette tape and now have it on CD...and I've downloaded from itunes too.
His latest cd of standards "American Classics" is excellent too.
I play the two back to back although..."Stardust" is still my favorite.
I would not call myself a country fan at all...but Willie Nelson transcends all styles of music.
He is an American Classic himself.

2 comments:

Natasha in Oz said...

This song is wonderfully calm and melancholic. Thanks for sharing it as I haven't heard it before.

I hope your September is beautiful-I will be thinking of you as Fall approaches your part of the world!

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Cindi Myers said...

Geez, now ya made me cry again.