home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Pretty Rooms


For Pretty People
I happened upon these pretty images this morning and thought I'd pass along.


I love the mix of modern and vintage in this living room. Looks like it could have originally come from Domino. Does anybody know?

Then I found a whole cottage worth of pretty. I'm certainly in the beach cottage mood these days. This cottage is in Galveston, Texas.

I need a window seat for the dogs.
all images: LoveWhereYouLive

There are lots of pretty rooms on that blog.

source: *visual*vamp*
I'm loving Valorie's Dining Room redo. Look at that lamp that you just know was horrible in it's original state and looks fantastic painted all white. I can't wait to see how her kitchen redo turns out.

Now a Newman Update...

I took him to the vet again yesterday. Because he still wasn't himself. He slept under the bed Thursday night, all night. Something he never does. He wasn't drinking so I was afraid he was getting dehydrated. So we did xrays and couldn't find anything wrong there. But did discover he has a bladder infection from not drinking. Which was making him feel bad. Something is still wrong with his back leg. He won't put weight on it. But there are no breaks, no swelling. I'm still worried but at least I know I've done all I can do for now. I couldn't stand going through the weekend wondering if he'd hurt his back and not knowing for sure. I'm guessing he has something like a pinched nerve. I hope this gets better soon.

He slept in the hall bathroom last night. That is where he wanted to be. I put a dog bed in there and he climbed into it. The vet gave me some special food to get him to eat, which he did. I put water in there but he barely drank it oh...but the others of course had to go in and drink his special water. They thought he was getting some unusual drink all to himself.

He's awake and bright eyed today but doesn't want to move. I'm surprised he has this much good sense to sit still when hurt. He has now been feeling bad for a week. I can't stand it.

So.....with my worrying about Nu. I didn't get any painting done on my front door. But am going to try again now.

17 comments:

Erin said...

Glad for the update, hope he gets better soon.

Ms. Childfree Chic said...

Aw, I'm sorry one of your little weenies is under the weather: not good for you or him because I know you worry. :-( Feel better, Newman!

I love all of the pictures you posted because I'm currently crushing on light blue-greens and turquoise colors. Speaking of those colors, did I miss the final photo of your exterior paint job? I know you finally decided on a color, but I didn't think you posted a photo of the "after"!

Nita Stacy said...

I love blue greens too as you can see. No, you didn't miss the final photo of the outside. I am waiting for a strong man to happen by to help me lift the last cement urn back up onto the pedestals out front. It has been 100 plus every day here since the first day of my roofing. So thats three weeks of temperatures hovering around 105. My grass is now yellow out front because I couldn't water with all that was going on outside. So...I didn't want to post until I got things alive again out there. But I will soon.

Coloradolady said...

Oh, I will say a special prayer that this little guy will be feeling better soon...it is such a worry when they don't feel well and not themselves.

Olive said...

Love the kitchen with open shelves. I might get brave enough for that one day. Hope Nu feels better tonite. olive♥

Amy Chalmers said...

I hope Newman is on the mend soon. I hate when my dogs are sick or hurt~its the worst. Liked the pretty aqua paint in all your posted pics, just been lovin' that color lately.

Vintagesouthernlife said...

I hope Newman is better soon. It is so hard when they are sick.
Thanks for sharing the lovely photos.Loved the turquoise and white bath.
Anentte

Cindi Myers said...

I truly wish I was a billionaire, for many reasons...I could have any home I wanted, decorated just as I want and have all the rooms painted these beautiful colors...but I mainly wish it because then I would fly Newman up here to see my vet that does the chiropractic care!
I hope he's feeling better soon!
XOXO - Cindi

Nita Stacy said...

Thanks everyone for your concern about Newman. I went out to dinner tonight....didn't expect I would and almost didn't because I was worried about Newman. But tonight when I came home he seems a little better. Much more bright eyed. And he met me at the door something he hasn't done in days. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Cindi -
How sweet that if you were a billionaire, you'd fly Newman up there to see your special vet. Oh...if I was a billionaire I'd like to help many many dogs.

You all are the best. Makes me feel much better knowing someone cares.

La Dolfina said...

Hi Nita, I wanted to come by and thank you for visiting my blog today. I just read your post and wanted to send you and Newman my love and concern for you both. I'm sure he's going to be alright, please don't worry. Finish painting your door tomorrow, you'll feel much better. Can't wait to see how it turns out :)
I'll be back to check on you both soon:)
Love,
Terri

Wendy said...

I hope he feels better soon. Would he chew on ice? That worked for our yellow lab once when she was sick.
Thanks you for the inspirational pictures today. The kitchen in amazing! Hope your Sunday is special :)
Wendy

Nita Stacy said...

Wendy - What a great suggestion. I'll go try that now.

Anonymous said...

I just read your blog from beginning to end. I love your taste. My mother has nursed ailing cats and dogs several times in the past and always uses a needleless syringe to give them sugar water when they are off their food- it gets them hydrated and gives them calories at the same time. You can find them in any drugstore with the first aid supplies. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about your Nu. Poor poochy; I hope he's better soon.

As for the pretty room photos, I'm definitely in love with that kitchen - - and I'm not a white kitchen lover.

HollyM, The Anon

Nita Stacy said...

Oh....Anonymous 1...I'm going to try the sugar water right now.

Thanks!

Lindy said...

That lamp! I think I just saw a lamp like that this past week while antiquing with the mom. What was I thinking to just pass it by??? It's so perfect in white.

Sorry to hear about your dog. Hope he is on the mend soon

L.

Alison @ The Polohouse said...

So pretty Nita!
I love that chest of drawers near the bottom with the globe on it.
So pretty!
Great post.
BTW.... I just passed a Stylish Blog Award on to you this evening on my blog. Please stop by soon and take it and share it as well!
Thanks,
Alison
xoxox